Monday, October 5, 2015

Steve



            This portrait is # 9, in my ‘100 Strangers Project’.  Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers at the 100 Strangers Flickr Group

          Steve was a scary looking guy who accompanied a beautiful young woman, Lisa, to a horseback riding event on the shores of Palma Sola Bay, Florida.
          I first noticed Steve’s girlfriend, because she had some interesting tattoos on her arms and legs.  Steve stood back while his girlfriend was helped onto a horse for her adventure.  That’s when I stepped forward to ask Steve if I could take his photo.  He smiled and readily agreed.
          Steve and Lisa are visiting from Melbourne, Florida where Lisa is the proprietor of a tattoo and body piercing parlor called the Alternative Connection.  Since I was there with a few photo buddies, I explained to Steve that we were out for the day to shoot the riders in the surf, but that Lisa’s tattoos had attracted my eye.  Steve immediately invited me and my friends to visit the tattoo parlor to take photos of the activities there.  He assured me that the artists would be happy to be photographed and most of their clients would be as well.

          Okay, I am intrigued, so now we are planning an outing across the state!

No comments:

Post a Comment